Grundfos was established in 1945, in Bjerringbro, Denmark by Poul Due Jensen. He gave his company the name of "Bjerringbro Pressestøberi og Maskinfabrik" (Bjerringbro Die-Casting and Machine Factory) and not until 1967, after several changes of names, did the company get its present name. Grundfos is the world's largest pump manufacturer with more than 18,000 employees and an annual turnover of 3 billion Euros globally.
The annual production is more than 12 million pump units including circulator pumps, submersible pumps, and centrifugal pumps. Grundfos also produces electric motors and electronics for controls and other systems. Grundfos Pump arrived in Turkey in 1998 and it moved to its new facility with a space of 16,000 m2 in 2005. Along with offices in Gebze/ Kocaeli headquarters and a regional office in Ankara, Grundfos serves its customers with representatives in Antalya, İzmir, Bursa and Adana. Having doubled its turnover during the past 3 years, Grundfos Turkey has a pioneering position in Turkey's pump market 50 Million Euros in sales. Grundfos Academy has been initiated in 2009 to raise awareness of pump systems and contribute to the knowledge sharing in the industry.
Products / Services:
- Domestic water supply: Submersible pumps, jet pumps, multistage centrifugal pumps & compact systems for water supply in homes, gardens & hobby applications
- Sewage and wastewater: Drainage, effluent and sewage pumps, for a wide range of applications in building services as well as transfer of raw sewage in municipal sewage systems
- Environmental applications: Purpose-built submersible pumps for remedial pumping of contaminated groundwater and for sampling for water quality analyses
- Dosing: Dosing pumps for wastewater treatment systems, swimming-pools and industry
- Renewable-energy systems: Renewable-energy based water supply systems suitable for remote locations not connected to the electricity supply grid
- Heating and hot water service systems: Circulator pumps for circulation of hot water in central and district heating systems and circulation in domestic hot water service systems
- Cooling and air-conditioning systems: Circulator pumps for circulation of cold water and other liquids in cooling and air-conditioning systems
- Industrial applications: A wide range of pumps for the transfer of water, cooling lubricants and other liquids in industrial and process systems
- Pressure boosting and liquid transfer: Vertical and horizontal, centrifugal pumps and pressure boosting systems for liquid transfer and boosting of hot and cold water
- Groundwater supply: Submersible and dry installed pumps for groundwater supply, irrigation and groundwater lowering